Download Assessments and Resources
- English Pre‑k
- English Kindergarten
- English Primary
- Spanish Pre‑k
- Spanish Kindergarten
- Spanish Primary
- Pre‑K Baseline Phonemic Awareness Assessment
- Pre‑K End‑of‑Year Phonemic Awareness Assessment
- Letter Names & Sounds
- Concepts of Print
- Kindergarten Baseline Phonemic Awareness Assessment
- Kindergarten Mid‑Year Phonemic Awareness Assessment
- Kindergarten End‑of‑Year Phonemic Awareness Assessment
Literacy Resources, Inc. created the 1st grade phonemic awareness Assessments to align to the Phonological Awareness Standards of the Common Core State Standards for 1st grade, and to assess a child’s progress with phonemic awareness throughout the school year. The skills are labeled with the Reading Foundations Common Core State Standard for Grade 1. Each phonemic awareness skill that is assessed is part of the daily phonemic awareness lessons written by Dr. Michael Heggerty, founder of Literacy Resources, Inc.
Phonemic awareness is auditory, and should be assessed in this way. Students are not expected to read or write any of the words in the phonemic awareness portion of the assessment; the teacher says the words or sounds aloud and the student responds orally.
- 1st Grade Baseline Phonemic Awareness Assessment
- 1st Grade Mid‑Year Phonemic Awareness Assessment
- 1st Grade End‑of‑Year Phonemic Awareness Assessment
Screener Assessment for 2nd Grade and above: The Phonemic Awareness Screener assessment was created to help teachers determine if phonemic awareness should be included as part of a reading intervention plan for a student in 2nd grade and above. Students who struggle to decode words in print or who struggle to encode words when writing may benefit from explicit phonemic awareness instruction. The skills included in this assessment are aligned to the Primary level of the Phonemic Awareness curriculum, written by Dr. Michael Heggerty entitled, Phonemic Awareness: The Skills That They Need to Help Them Succeed ©2020.
- 2nd Grade or Above PA Intervention Screening
- Adding Phonemes Strand Assessment
- Deleting Phonemes Strand Assessment
- Substituting Phonemes Strand Assessment
Use with the daily Letter Naming Activity. They can be printed out on heavier stock paper and then cut in half, as each sheet contains two flashcards.
- English Blends & Digraphs
- Kindergarten ABC Card Pack — Lowercase Letters
- Kindergarten ABC Card Pack — Uppercase Letters
- Prefixes & Inflectional Endings
- R-Controlled and Advanced Vowels
- Vowel Team